Thursday, January 7, 2010

BROKEN OVEN, "UP" CAKE, AND A MISSING CHIMNEY

The following pictures are of the birthday party we threw for Gabe in Connecticut this past weekend. I called so many bakeries out there to see if anyone can make a Disney Pixar's "UP" cake because it is Gabe's favorite movie, but no one could. So, without having the slightest idea what I was doing I decided to make a cake!

So, as the title of this blog post states, a broken oven, "up" cake and a missing chimney. Well, funny story there. You see, Nate's family took the red eye flight the night before so everyone was in bed while I was trying to make the cake. Unbeknownst to me, their oven was broken! So 5 attempts later I finally got the cake and cupcakes to work! GOODNESS WAS I FRUSTRATED!

Then on top of that, like I said before, I had no idea what I was doing, so that was kind of fun. There here is the funniest part of all. I had this piece of cake left out to make the chimney but I ran out of frosting. So I as was coming back from getting some more, I walk into the room and there is my sweet sister in law eating the chimney! I have to admit it was funnier then it sounds and I just busted up laughing! That poor girl though, I thought it was so funny that I had to tell everyone at the party that she ate it! SORRY LILY!

So without further ado, here is my "UP" cake.


Unfortunately we didn't get a straight on picture, but you get the idea


Gabe LOVED the cake. I think more then anything though, he loved just squishing his hands in it and making a BIG mess!


OK, so not the best picture, but that was only the start of his messy hands. Goodness, such a boy!


Here is his cousin Abby helping him eat the cake

You can see the damage in the cake. I have to admit most of it was on his clothes and the floor, but it was fun!


Here is gabe with "the girls" opening his gift. He loved it!

Then I had to put this picture in so that everyone can see my cute father in law and sister in law in a party hat! It was adorable! Someone asked him why he was wearing it and he said "I am at a birthday party so of course I am wearing a birthday hat!"

THANK YOU to my sweet sister in laws and nieces who were there to support gabe on his birthday! He ABSOLUTELY loves you and LOVES the gifts you gave him. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Tyler V said...

Happy Birthday, Gabe! What a big, cute guy you are!
Dayna, fabulous job on the cake! Isn't that what motherhood is all about? Not having the slightest idea what you're doing, but jumping in with both feet and loving it (even though someone eats your chimney :p). congrats!

kate said...

We were so glad we could be there for celebrate. The cake and pasta were fabulouso. Happy Birthday sweet Gabe!

Lily said...

Dear Dayna,
I do not appreciate this!!!!!!!!!
love lily.

Angie said...

I am impressed with your creativity. You never cease to amaze me. Sad we missed you over christmas, but I hope you all had an awesome holiday season and happy birthday gabe

Contributors

SiteCounter

script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/classique 3 column.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E")); Voting