Friday, March 11, 2011

SWINE FLU

I have the swine Flu

Don't ask me where it came from and how I got it, because I have absolutely no idea.

But on top of having Swine Flu, I am 12 weeks pregnant. Yes, this isn't how I was planning on announcing it to everyone, but nonetheless, I am.

So you can only imagine how I can feel at this precise moment feeling both nausia accompanied with fevers, aches, chills and everything else that comes with Swine flu and you have me.

I would curl up in a ball if I could but my belly won't allow me to do that.

I am stuck.

When I was younger and I was sick I would always go into my parents basement, get a milk shake or a smoothie and then turn on the most comforting movie anyone has ever seen.


I feel like when I watch this movie I start to feel better almost instantly just because it is so dear to me. No matter how many times I have seen this movie I can always laugh at Anne Shirley's way of speaking. I watch Gilbert desperately seeking Anne's attention to only be pushed away again and again

until the last 20 minutes of the series

then you get what you waited the 8 hours to see

they kiss.....

and all is well.


But for some reason, this time I didn't want to watch my favorite movie of all time. I am a succor for those classics such as Anne of Green Gables, Pride and Prejudice or Emma, but this time I wanted something different.

I knew I wanted to watch a series because I knew I was going to be sitting on this couch for a very VERY long time

So I scrolled through all I could think of

Indiana Jones? Star wars? Bourne? None of them sounded good to me. But then I saw it, and for some reason it stuck out to me. Maybe because Nate and I have recently started watching LOST together and one of our favorite characters just died....Charlie.

So I started it.

I have to be honest, the movie itself was just ok, but there was one character that made the whole entire show worth watching.

His character is something that I wish I could be myself.

He is loyal, optimistic, light hearted and most of all....

he is probably one of the best characters in a book or a movie that has ever been written.

Now, if all of those leading clues didn't give it away then how about this picture

In this scene I literally started to cry. Call me sick and pregnant but he is truly an amazing character. Time and Time again Samwise Gamgee comes to the aid of Frodo Baggins and this time he not only helps him, he carries him into Mordor to finally be rid of that stupid ring.

He never gave up

He never uttered a negative word when everyone else around him was in despair

He is the true hero of the story

Thank you Samwise Gamgee for helping me get through the Swine Flu.

6 comments:

vanessa said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I'm 22 weeks and having another girl. Sorry about the Swine Flu though. I heard it was starting around again. Our whole family had it 1 1/2 years ago when it first was going on and man we felt crummy!! I hope you get better quickly.

Ali said...

Congrats on the pregnancy...sorry you're feeling HORRIBLE!!! Swine flu STINKS and everything is rougher when you're pregnant. Such a bummer! Hope you get well VERY soon and that the rest of the pregnancy is a cakewalk!

Mike and Michelle said...

Yeah!! That is awesome! Congrats you two!

Angie said...

So this is probably the NP in me speaking but I hope you got started on tamiflu as the complications of the flu are worse in pregnant women and you qualify for treatment. Anyway, also HOORAY on being pregnant! I hope you can make it through the flu. I will be thinking of you. :)

Hydee said...

Congratulations, Dayna! (On the pregnancy, not the swine flu....haha)

Jordan and Chandra Smith said...

I am sorry you have been sick, especially while being pregnant...but Congratulations on being pregnant!! That is exciting news! I am excited to hear what you are having!

Contributors

SiteCounter

script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/classique 3 column.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E")); Voting