Monday, June 14, 2010

THE JOY OF HAVING A 1 YEAR OLD...


I was staining our deck and I went to start cleaning up, and in the 2 seconds it too me to put the tarp away I came back to this.....He spilt the paint everywhere! I had already put him in time out at this point so he is now looking at the paint with a very big crusty on his face!


that mark on the bottom step isn't from me painting it, it is from his BUM! OOHH I was not happy that day, not happy at all! Look at my cement!



I was in the kitchen doing the dishes and it seemed awful quit in the house....


Its a good thing I just bought a bunch of toilet paper!


This one is a cute one of gabe. Whenever we go on a walk or play on the swing set he likes to "open the garage" himself. He is so strong!


He also likes to play "hide and seek"

He is starting to climb onto EVERYTHING, so I finally built him an obstacle course in our bedroom so he can have fun


He LOVES to play with toys!

He LOVES to smile

and he ESPECIALLY loves water!

Every day I wake up and think "I wonder what Gabe is going to get into today!"
Such a fun boy!

10 comments:

Gregory said...

Oh boy, I would have to breath through the whole concrete thing myself.
I have no idea if this will work with deck stain, but it worked wonderfully when my car dumped an entire quart of oil on the driveway (it had also dried for a few days before I did this), but go and buy kitty litter (just the cheap stuff worked great), pour it on the spot, and then with a pair of outdoor shoes you don't mind getting a little roughed up on the soles, grind the kitty litter into the concrete with your feet. It acts like a course-grit sandpaper and also soaks up the oil/water.
You can at least give it a try.

OH, and one-year-olds are pretty awesome!

Sarah said...

What a doll. It's too bad about your cement though. Just wait until he discovers that pens/markers/pencils etc. work on walls.

Angie said...

oh the joys of being a mommy! I have been experimenting with ways to keep Simon off the table and counters lately...still no luck!

Anonymous said...

I have also heard that gasoline can help get that out - works with oil stains anyway. The kitty litter idea is more eco-friendly so maybe go for that first? Good luck! I am so worried for my little boy to get big - I just know he will be so much like Gabe - into everything! My little girl is just the opposite. She's prefectly content to just play with her toys. Soo great. Cute cute post!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janel said...

I'm so sorry about your cement and the mess you have to clean up!! But I do have to say that I LOVE all those pictures and that little boy of yours!! He is too cute!! Life seems to always be exciting with him!! You'll look back at all these pictures and the mess he got himself into and laugh one day!! Hopefully soon :) Having a one year old is a joy! And holy cow that's amazing that he can open the garage, leave it to Gabriel, he'll figure it out ;)

Mary Martha said...

A very cute one year old indeed. He is growing up so fast. He is so strong and active for his own good. Never a dull moment when Gabe is around. Great pics!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Contributors

SiteCounter

script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/classique 3 column.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E")); Voting