Sunday, October 18, 2009

MY BFF'S


Last night I was having a hard time falling asleep. My mind kept going from topic to topic thinking of the most random things, then thinking about something completely insignificant that it made me even more frustrated for being awake thinking about it! But then, as usual, my mind wandered to Gabe. I thought about his life thus far and how great it has been. His giggle when we come into the room. His new expression of delight he does when he is happy. The way he kicks his legs so hard when he doesn't want you do to something...and then I started to think about his future.

"How will he be when he grows up?"

"What kind of person will he be?"

"Will he play sports?"

or other things like

"I wonder who he will become friends with"

and then it happened.

My mind was suddenly filled with a million memories of my childhood. Memories of 4 friends doing one crazy idea after the other. Times where we played "prince and princesses " and since we only had one boy friend, he was our captor and kidnapped us from our happy palace but then he suddenly transformed into the prince and saved us from the evil dungeons. Or there were the times where we rolled pennies down the drive way for hours seeing who's penny could roll the furthest. Or other times when we borrowed a wheel barrow from a neighbor and we squealed with delight as one of us would push the others down the hill. Another time we would ride our bikes to the local grocery store and buy airheads and warheads. Or, if we were really lucky, we bought a King Kong Kone and we raced to see who can eat theirs the fastest. We ran through sprinklers, jumped on the tramp, made up crazy dances to fun music thinking we were the most amazing dancers in the world. We laughed, we cried, we hugged (and even 2 of my friends kissed!) But we were together and that is how it stayed, even now.

Then after thinking about my childhood, I just smiled. Of course gabe will find amazing friends like I have. I know that he will get to have even more adventures then I did, come up with even crazier things to do and have even more fun memories with is friends and that made me happy.

I still have these best friends today. And as cheesy as we get when we are together and as cheesy as it sounds to hear, I will have these best friends forever.

And that thought helped me fall into a deep, restful sleep.


3 comments:

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Hey! How are you? All your blogging posts I've seen recently looks as if life is wonderful. Gabe is sure cute! AND I'm sure he'll make wonderful friends as he grows up. I totally know how you feel when you let your mind wander, especially about your little one. You only hope the best for them as they grow up. Isn't motherhood wonderful? Miss you and hope life is great. Have a great week!

Curtis and Andi said...

Is that Caleb? He probably doesn't remember me, but we were in the same BYU ward one summer. He had excellent dating advice:)

Dayna said...

that is caleb! How fun that you know him...and yes, I am sure he had a lot of advice! he is a dating machine! :)

Contributors

SiteCounter

script>document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image%20%3A%20url%28%22http%3A//thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/classique 3 column.jpg%20%22%29%3B%20background-position%3A%20center%3B%20background-repeat%3A%20no-repeat%3B%20%20background-attachment%20%3A%20fixed%3B%20%7D%0A%3C/style%3E%0A%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text/javascript%22%3E%0Avar%20div%20%3D%20document.createElement%28%27div%27%29%3B%0Adiv.setAttribute%28%27style%27%2C%22position%3A%20absolute%3B%20left%3A%200px%3B%20top%3A%2030px%3B%20z-index%3A%2050%3B%20width%3A%20150px%3B%20height%3A%2045px%3B%22%29%3B%0Adiv.innerHTML%20%3D%20%27%3Ca%20target%3D%22_blank%22%20href%3D%22%20http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E")); Voting